Due to COVID19 restrictions, the bentART 2021 exhibition will be in the format of a Virtual Gallery. This means images supplied when completing the entry form will be THE FINAL PRODUCT, THE IMAGES WILL BE USED AS IS, TO EXHIBIT YOUR ARTWORK in the virtual gallery.
Example of artwork in the virtual gallery.
It is essential for you to take the best photo you can of your artwork and to follow the guidelines below for your artwork to be presented at its best:
- Adjust your angles. Ensure the image is straight and photographed square on.
- Crop your image to eliminate any background or wall behind your image.
- Photograph in natural daylight, preferably not in the glare of direct sunlight to avoid any reflections (inside lighting may cause colours to change) also turn your flash off to avoid glare.
- Use a tripod and adjust your shutter speed to avoid camera shake and blurred images.
- A Camera or smartphone is OK to shoot with. You will need to ensure the image is cropped correctly after taking the photo.
- Images must be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format
- Images should be about 1900 pixels on the longest edge.
- Individual images must be no larger than 5MB.
- Please do not include watermarks or other branding on your images.
- Image file names should not include a SPACE or unusual characters, eg ©, @, #, $, &, *, etc. These characters and or spaces included in the file name have caused problems with images uploading to the website in the past. If you find that one or more of your images has not uploaded correctly, please check the file format and try again.
Check all the above and the final image file prior to completing the entry form. Images that do not comply with the above will not be accepted.