bentART Incorporated is a not for profit organisation, the management committee is comprised of community members who volunteer their time to the running of bentART.
bentART’s Mission Statement
“To encourage, promote and support Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) visual art by holding an Annual Art Exhibition in the Blue Mountains, with entries from beginning, emerging and professional LGBTI artists across Australia”
bentART’s Core Values – The following values and guiding principles inform and underpin bentART activities and communications:
– Accessibility (Access & Equity)
– Community Support for the Arts
– Broadening artistic expression: encouraging, showcasing and promoting the work of LGBTIQartists
– Increasing awareness of the work of LGBTIQ artists amongst the -LGBTIQ and wider communities
– Promoting the Blue Mountains as a centre for the visual arts
– Celebrating the Blue Mountains as a supportive LGBTIQ environment and community.